Using our latest DSP and advances in machine learning, we designed Nectar Elements to make mixing vocals easier, and to give you access and control to the key ingredients of any professionally mixed vocal, such as compression, reverb, pitch EQ, and de-essing.
Vibe and Vocal Assistant
When you open Nectar Elements, you’ll be asked to choose the Vibe and Intensity settings you want for your vocal. The Intensity you choose determines the amount of processing applied to your vocal, and the vibe choices are
- Modern: ideal for lead vocals in hip hop/pop/rock
- Vintage: great for jazz blues or soul
- Dialogue: great for podcasts or radio
Press go and Vocal Assistant will listen carefully to your vocal and offer up a unique preset to help get you started fitting your vocal in your mix.
Once you reach the end of Vocal Assistant’s processing, you have access to six macro sliders. Don’t be fooled by the simple layout, each macro is powered by our latest DSP and can impact your vocals in dramatic ways. These sliders also represent the key ingredients of thousands of professionally mixed vocals.
- Pitch Correction: bring up for a modern pitch corrected sound
- Clarity: push up to bring down any resonances Vocal Assistant detected
- De-ess: help suppress sibilance detected by Vocal Assistant
- Dynamics: increase the amount of compression applied to the signal. Applying compression is key to delivering a smooth controlled vocal.
- Tone: increases the amount of character EQ applied to your vocals. Your vibe choice impacts the tone. If you chose the dialogue Vibe, you’ll get an even blend of warm and bright tones, ideal for spoken word programming like podcasts.
- Space: scales the amount of reverb applied to your signal, the reverb you’re controlling with your slider is modelled after a classic plate reverberator, which is known for adding warmth and depth to vocals.
Your sliders will be set at values determined by the vibe and intensity setting and by what vocal assistant has heard in the past.
Bypass and processing output
You can increase the output of the overall processing on the right hand slider. By bringing this slider up you can make up for any gain that was reduced when you adding compression to your vocal. You can bypass, or AB, by hitting the bypass button, or start fresh by pressing the start over button to return to the vocal assistant.
Nectar Elements gives you everything you need to polish your vocals and make them fit in any mix.