Equalizer and Post Equalizer
Ozone includes two equalizers that combine eight bands of adjustable filters with a variety of filter shapes to choose from. Use the first EQ for initial shaping of your master, then take advantage of Ozone 6's Post Equalizer for even more shaping later on in your signal chain. The Analog-Matched EQ curves preserve analog behavior at high frequencies, giving Ozone 6 authentic analog frequency response.
- Choose from a wealth of digital and analog filter shapes including Baxandall bass and treble, API-inspired Proportional Q, Band Shelf, and resonant High and Low Shelf.
- Get insightful feedback via multiple views: Full Spectrum view, Main view, and All Bands view.
- Capture the spectral characteristics of your favorite mix and apply them to your master instantly with the refined Matching EQ controls.
- Achieve targeted equalization with Mid/Side and Left/Right processing modes.
- Make precise EQ tweaks by zooming in and out in both time and frequency.
- Recreate analog character by adding subtle phase delay to digital filters with variable Phase control.
- Get precise control for deep cuts with digital filters in Surgical Mode.
- Compare your mixes with a powerful spectrum analyzer.
- Easily see how your EQ choices affect the signal with unique visualizations of phase delay and group delay by frequency.
Each band of dynamics is capable of three types of dynamics processing: limiting, compressing, and expanding. Easily fine-tune the dynamics of your mixes with independent control for up to four frequency bands. The interactive Threshold control allows you to set threshold points for the Limiter and Compressor stages without taking your eyes off of the gain reduction meter, which provides extra feedback while making your detailed dynamics tweaks.
- Intelligently automate the difficult task of finding the right release times with Adaptive Release mode.
- Apply processing across all bands with analog-modeled, linear-phase, and hybrid-crossover filters with adjustable bandwidth and Q (the range of frequencies that will be affected by adjustments to the band).
- Automatically set crossover frequencies based on incoming audio with Learn mode.
- Adjust the dynamics of the center of your mix independently of the sides of your mix with Mid/Side Processing mode.
- Add subtle, soft compression to your mix with variable knee control.
- View and adjust all relevant settings for every dynamics stage of every band in one convenient location with color-coded, refined All Bands mode.
- Find the perfect compressor settings with the Gain Reduction Trace view, which plots the gain reduction of all dynamics bands on top of a scrolling waveform, and get further visualization with the Dynamic Transfer Curve and spectrum analyzer.
- Detect levels evenly across all frequencies and prevent aliasing or artifacts that RMS detection can cause thanks to True Envelope Detection.
- Add a variable slope high-pass or API Thrust-like Tilt filter for reducing pumping with the Detection Circuit Filter.
Dynamic EQ [Advanced Only]
Ozone Advanced adds the new Dynamic EQ module and component plug-in, an EQ that lives and breathes with your music. Harness the precision of an equalizer with the musical ballistics of a compressor. Integrated with an intuitive workflow, these processors work in concert to create a valuable mastering tool that excels where traditional EQs and compressors fail.
- Choose among five filter shapes including Baxandall Treble, Baxandall Bass, Proportional Q, Band Shelf, and Peak Bell.
- Toggle between analog and digital modes for minimum or linear-phase processing across four independent bands.
- Access targeted dynamic equalization with Mid/Side and Left/Right processing modes.
- Expand any or all Bands with per-node Inverse Mode.
- Intelligently adjust Attack/Release times automatically across the frequency spectrum with Auto-Scale mode.
- Apply static gain changes to dynamic filters with offset control.
- Compare your mixes with a powerful spectrum analyzer.
Ozone's Exciter lets you dial in the right amount of bite or warmth to add to your master. Add analog character with a variety of modes: Easily add tube or tape saturation, accentuate even harmonics, and add punch or sparkle to your project. In addition, multiband and Mid/Side modes give you a huge range of sonic possibilities across the frequency spectrum and the stereo field.
- Choose from the circuit-modeled Triode and Dual Triode modes or the updated Retro, Tape, Warm, or Tube modes.
- Apply targeted processing with simultaneous multiband and Mid/Side processing options.
- View excitation by frequency with the Saturation Spectrum display and sculpt the Exciter's frequency output with a post filter.
- Add harmonics without drastic gain changes with natural-sounding Peak Saturation.
Precisely adjust stereo width for your master using the Imager module. As with the other multiband modules, the Imager works with up to four frequency bands—providing independent control over stereo width by frequency. An integrated Vectorscope and Correlation Meter give you valuable visual feedback for the mastering process, including Polar vectorscope modes and a Stereo Balance meter.
- Add depth and natural-sounding stereo width to mono or very narrow mixes—without sacrificing mono compatibility—with Stereoize Mode.
- Add width to any frequency band without causing mono compatibility problems with Antiphase Prevention.
- See the width of your mix by frequency, set crossovers, and see the effect of stereo imaging adjustments on different parts of the spectrum with Stereo Width Spectrum view.
- Easily audition your stereo signal for mono compatibility or left/right signal reversal.
Ozone's Maximizer is essential for giving your recordings professional loudness and fullness. This powerful tool helps you prevent your master from clipping while dramatically lifting the perceived overall audio level—perfect for any master where you want more loudness without sacrificing crisp detail. Keep the subtle snap of a snare rimshot in a country single, or give a club track incredible impact.
- Combine warmer, analog-sounding final stage limiting with the ease and precision of digital maximizing with Tube Limiting Mode.
- Experience transparent limiting with multiple modes of the IRC™ (Intelligent Release Control) Limiter technology.
- Preserve rhythmic detail while maximizing loudness with Transient Emphasis, which adds smart emphasis to transients.
- Unlink stereo channels to process left and right separately with the Stereo Unlink Control.
- Keep true analog levels in check with predictive True Peak Limiting.
- Fine-tune the Maximizer's response to your source material with adjustable threshold/ceiling and character controls.
- Get visual feedback that informs your limiting with the Gain Reduction Trace meter’s scrolling waveform display.
Insight [Advanced Only]
Ozone 6 Advanced takes metering to a new level, offering a convenient way of visualizing your mix. Insight, iZotope's metering suite, is included as a separate component plug-in and fully dedicated to metering.
- Immediately detect potential mix problems through real-time visual monitoring and color-coded alerts. Examine your audio with a unique 3D spectrogram and create a detailed topographical map of audio using high-resolution capabilities.
- Get an extensive suite of metering tools in a single plug-in, including True Peak Meters, Loudness Meters, Loudness History Graph, Stereo Vectorscope, Surround Scope, 2D/3D Spectrogram, and Spectrum Analyzer.
- Ensure your audio is fully compliant with current loudness standards.
Ozone's Preset Manager gives you professionally designed starting points for mastering your projects. Power users will appreciate the ability to create presets that utilize all of Ozone's modules and routing capabilities for instant recall of useful configurations.
- Easily load and save settings for individual modules without affecting the settings of other modules.
- Utilize the additions and improvements in Ozone 6 with new mastering presets.
- Streamline your decision-making process with outcome-oriented descriptions.
- Learn more about the art of mastering, as well as Ozone’s features, by using presets as valuable teaching tools.
Ozone provides the finest bit reduction algorithms available, allowing you to effectively convert and dither to 24, 20, 16, 12, or 8 bits. This is useful for mastering a track for a CD (16-bit) from a 24-bit source. Ozone includes our proprietary MBIT+ dither algorithm that reduces quantization distortion with minimal perceived noise. As a result, the algorithm produces smooth and quiet conversions for the best-sounding dither possible.
- Experience smoother and more consistent mixdowns with new dither curves for 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz.
- Get dynamic and transparent conversions with integrated DC offset filtering, auto-blanking, and dither harmonic suppression.
- Enjoy a complete view of the conversion process with a unique set of bit scopes and DC level meters.
Ozone 6 allows you to master outside of your audio editing software with the new standalone application. This creative mastering platform provides comprehensive tools for any mastering project.
- Integrate your other plug-ins within your Ozone mastering chain with AU/VST plug-in hosting.
- Adjust the tops and tails of your audio with Trim and Fade controls.
- Instantly highlight changes and similar sections of your audio with waveform segmentation overlay.
- Stay organized with fully contained project folders that employ iZotope’s SRC (sample rate conversion) on file import, plus single- and multiple-file export with iZotope’s MBIT+ Dither.
Throughout Ozone are forward-thinking tools which help to guide you through your mastering workflow.
- Easily create your own signal path through a customizable signal chain.
- Audition your audio better with Seamless Bypass, which gain-matches bypassed audio to your Ozone processing.
- View gain-staging across your mastering chain with Module Gain Meters.
- Save time with a comprehensive Undo History, and quickly compare different settings with A/B tools.
- Get vital visual information at every step of the mastering process. Each module of Ozone offers relevant metering that informs mastering decisions.