We’re excited to release our first official update for Ozone 9. Version 9.1 contains fixes and improvements requested by our users, including improved support for MacOS Catalina. Click below to log in and download the installer, and read on to learn more about Ozone 9.1.
How to update
1. Click the button below to go to the download page. You will be asked to enter your iZotope account email.
2. Once you enter your account email and password, you’ll be taken to the download page. If you don’t have an account, simply create one and follow the steps below.
3. To update, please follow these three simple steps:
- Choose which version of the product installer to download, PC or Mac.
- After you download, run the product installer.
- After you run the installer, Ozone will be updated to the latest version automatically. You can check the Preferences menu to confirm you are on version 9.1.
We’re happy to bring the “Show Extra Curves” into Ozone 9, now updated with smoother responsiveness from previous versions. When enabled from the preferences menu, it gives you a picture of how your EQ adjustments affect the phase of your audio. In mastering, changes in phase introduced by EQs can have ramifications across the mix and can translate into unwanted artifacts. The “Show Extra Curves” view will give you an idea of just how much phase alteration you can expect based on the gain of your EQ node. Refer to the Ozone 9 user guide for more information on how to view the different types of curves.
Tip: You can use Ozone’s EQ in Digital mode to adjust the phase of a given EQ node. For example, adding a bit of smear to your perfectly clean digital high pass filter could change the character of your low end.
It goes to 11! (Well, nine anyway)
We’ve added extra headroom to Master Rebalance, bringing the maximum absolute value to nine. Although best used in surgical increments (1 dB is enough, 3 dB is plenty, 6 dB is usually pretty drastic), this extra dB gives you the freedom to go nuts and push things a little too far. (This feature is available in Ozone 9 Advanced only)
Note: Master Rebalance is designed for subtle adjustments, not to isolate instruments in a mix. Try Music Rebalance in RX 8 for this.
A subtle but important fix users have been asking for, you can now “text scrub” in Ozone 9 just like in previous versions. This is useful if you want to make small adjustments to the gain of an EQ node and not change its frequency, or vice versa. The controls “lock” in place when you’re adjusting, keeping your field of view clear while evaluating your moves.
If you’re intending to update to Mac OSX Catalina, rest easy knowing that Ozone 9 is now fully supported therein. Happy mastering!
With feedback and support from our users, we fixed a bunch of things under the hood. Check out the full release notes below for a complete rundown on fixes and improvements in Ozone 9.1.
We want to hear from you! Did this update improve your Ozone 9 experience? Do you have an idea or suggestion for Ozone 9 or any other iZotope product? Leave your suggestions here, we’re always listening!
Full release notes
New features and enhancements
- Added ability to scrub (click and drag) to adjust text based values in the EQ HUDs.
- Added "Extra Curves" displays to the EQ.
- Extended the range of the Gain control in Master Rebalance.
- Fixed LP/HP filter Slope value resetting to 6 dB/oct if value was changed using the inline edit field in the EQ HUD.
- Fixed incorrect Q value display for bands that are disabled by default in the All Bands view of the EQ.
- Fixed issue where double-clicking on an .ozn project file would open an empty Ozone app project instead of the selected project.
- Fixed missing 'Sum to Mono' button in the I/O panel of the Ozone 9 Imager component plug-in.
- Fixed incorrect module panel being shown when switching between tracks with different signal chain contents in the Ozone app.
- Fixed missing playhead indicator in the Reference panel.
- Fixed missing Initial State entry in the Ozone mothership plug-in undo history list.
- Fixed module panel remaining visible after the module was removed from the chain by stepping back through events in the history list.
- Fixed inconsistent behavior when selecting bypass events in the Ozone app history list.
- Fixed missing undo history events for module bypass and solo for any module that is not included in the factory default signal chain.
- Fixed missing undo history events for adding or removing bands in the Dynamics, Exciter, and Imager modules.
- Fixed incorrect latency reporting when Codec Preview is enabled.
- Fixed intermittent crash when writing Dynamic EQ plug-in automation.
- Fixed crash when global mothership presets were loaded in an Ozone component plug-in.
- Fixed intermittent crash in the Ozone application when bulk importing files of varying sample rates.
- Fixed intermittent crash that could occur after running Master Assistant several times in certain DAWs.
- Fixed crash opening non-44.1k Ozone app projects that contain plug-ins in the signal chain of any track.
- Fixed intermittent crash when loading Ozone app projects, sessions, or host presets with reference tracks of varying sample rates or file formats.
- Fixed crash/hang on playback when using Reference tracks within dual mono instances of Ozone in Logic.
- Fixed inaccurate output meter clipping indication in the Ozone app.
- Fixed custom install location for Tonal Balance Control 2 on Windows.
- Fixed inconsistent behavior when loading module presets in the mothership or app preset manager.
- Fixed inconsistent bandwidth value settings when loading some EQ module presets.
- Fixed track waveform display issues when resizing the Ozone application.
- Fixed delayed update to the composite curve after adjusting Frequency resolution in the EQ options.
- Fixed latency between the scrolling waveform and gain reduction trace.
- Fixed display of track waveform data when zoomed in to the sample level.
- Fixed incorrect default I/O meter type.
- Fixed labeling of Mid/Side mode in Low End Focus.
- Fixed layout and styling of the plug-in selection list in the Ozone application.
- Fixed alignment of the correlation trace center line in the Ozone 9 Imager.
- Fixed alignment of text elements in the Master Assistant panel.
- Fixed overlapping scale labels in the EQ and Match EQ.
Operating system changes
- Added support for macOS 10.15 (Catalina).