Expand your sound palette with hundreds of exclusive musical patches from world-class sound designers and 11 GB of audio samples. Get inspired by the sounds, then explore new sonic territory. It’s easy to create or discover something totally new, just by tweaking a few controls.
A broad variety of soundscapes, pads, synth, bass, and lead patches can be creatively altered for adventurous sonic exploration—from soaring leads, ethereal choirs, and percussive effects to pulsing tones, lush chords, and ominous growls.
After you've installed and authorized Iris 2, you can access this epic library of sound by logging into your iZotope account and downloading the installer(s).
Bass: Explore Bass patches containing Thick Subs, Crunchy Grit, Vintage, or Modern Bass sounds—and whatever else in between.
Keys: The Keys category gives you plucky tones and sweeping timbres, providing expressive jumping-off points for your track.
Leads: Lead patches range from clean and bell-like to destructed mayhem, analog delayed, and gliding spectral colors.
Pads: Iris’s spectral selections and layering provide pads ranging from somber underscores to full and intricate melodic construction.
Rhythmic: The Rhythmic patches make use of Iris’s extensive new modulation system to amazing effect: pulsing beats and detailed modulation at times dirty and clean, spacious and close.
Audio Sample Categories
- Abstract: Add an element of intrigue to your project with the Abstract sound library. Sample categories range from Pulses, Rhythmic, and Sweeps to FX and Production Elements. Add a “Haunting Drone” or “Granular Torching” to your track and transport your listeners to a brave new world of truly unexplored terrain.
- Environments: From bustling casinos to sci-fi soundscapes, Environments provides a diverse collection of ambiences ready for musical adventures. Load one of the samples and start tweaking instantly, transforming the familiar to the unique and the mundane to the mysterious. Environments is ideal for finding inspiration for your next track or production product.
- Instruments: Standard musical instruments are not always what they seem. Rediscover new beauty and intrigue within familiar sound sources through the Instruments library. Instruments takes what you know and makes it fresh again by uncovering unconventional timbres and tones—bringing something special to the run-of-the-mill piano, guitar, and bass sounds you’re used to.
- Objects: Explore the inherent sonic possibilities of objects—some everyday, and some not-so-everyday—in a musical and meaningful context. The resulting sounds are inviting, uplifting, and unusual. Objects is an eclectic collection of ambiences; the library includes exploits with bottles, mirrors, marbles, glasses, shards, and more.
- Synthesizers: The Synthesizers collection is designed to harness the varied sonic palettes and possibilities of classic synths. From the vintage modulars to modern masters, the Synthesizers library spans a wide range of both musical and chaotic sources. Try creating monster stacks from an ARP 2600, a Moog Modular, an Oberheim Eight-Voice and an EDP Wasp. Start experimenting and you’ll find everything from traditional oscillators to lush effects; glitchy rhythmic syncopations to fat bass sounds.
- Toys: Childhood sounds can be full of hope and sunshine—or they can be the eerie stuff of horror-filled nightmares. The Toys library embraces both perceptions, resulting in a playful collection of child-like sentiments that can sometimes leave you screaming in the dark. Featuring a broad variety from children’s instruments to a circuit bent Speak & Spell, the Toys sound library possesses many possibilities for both soundtracks and sound design.
- Voice: The Voice library melds the world of incredible spectral manipulation with the most powerful instrument there is—the human voice. From simple solo voices and choirs, to beatboxing, hooks, and vocoded rises, Voice is dark, ominous, cheery, and wonderfully musical all at the same time. Breathe a human—or animal—element into your synthetic stylings with Voice.