Ozone 9 Advanced Release Notes
Version 9.12.1 released June 8, 2022
- Fixed issue where certain Exciter module settings could cause session audio output to stop in Logic and Ableton Live when running natively on Apple silicon Macs.
- Fixed issue that resulted in Ozone 9.12.0 continuing to appear as available to update in Product Portal after the update had been installed.
Version 9.12 released April 8, 2022
Updates & Improvements
- Adds native support for Apple silicon-based Macs.
- Ozone VST2 plug-ins are only available in DAWs or NLEs opened using Rosetta.
- VST2 plug-in hosting in the Ozone app is only available when the app is opened using Rosetta.
- AAC option in Codec Preview is only available when the Ozone app or mothership plug-in are opened using Rosetta.
- Adds support for macOS Monterey (12.3.x).
- Adds support for Windows 11.
- Updated the preset system to install read-only factory presets to root directories and write user presets to the user documents directory.
- Improved EQ composite curve drawing in Analog Mode.
- Updated the Ozone 9 Advanced installer to include the latest versions of Tonal Balance Control 2 (2.6.0) and Relay (1.3.0).
- Fixed issue that could cause sessions with multiple instances of Ozone to hang when opening a session or exporting.
- Fixed missing resource file error that could occur when attempting to run Master Assistant on machines with multiple user accounts.
- Fixed issue with Match EQ cutoffs not processing correctly after reopening a saved session.
- Fixed error message or blank plug-in UI that could appear in Logic on Apple silicon-based Macs upon closing and reopening the plug-in after certain interactions.
- Fixed Brickwall High-pass & Low-pass filter instability when processing above the Nyquist frequency.
Version 9.11.1 released December 21, 2021
- Fixed crash that could occur interacting with the Ozone preset manager when Voiceover Utility is enabled on macOS.
- Fixed crash that could occur interacting with the Ozone preset manager when using third-party Finder utility and window management applications on macOS (such as: DefaultFolderX, BetterSnapTool, etc...).
- Fixed a hang that could occur when opening sessions or when working with multiple instances of Ozone on macOS High Sierra (10.13).
- Fixed crash that could occur upon changing session sampling rate when multiband processing was enabled in the Dynamics module or plug-in.
- Fixed Ozone 9 NKS resource file issue that caused Ozone plug-in names and images to display incorrectly in Komplete Kontrol and MASCHINE selection menus.
- Updated installer to include the latest version of Relay (1.2.1).
- Updated installer to include the latest version of Tonal Balance Control 2 (2.5.0).
Version 9.9.0 released November 1, 2021
Operating System Support Changes
- Added support for Rosetta on Apple Silicon ARM-based Macs running macOS Big Sur.
- Fixed AU validation failure that could occur on macOS Big Sur (Intel & Apple Silicon Rosetta).
- Fixed crash that could occur when Ozone was added to sessions alongside certain 3rd party plug-ins (MAAT, InaGRM, Sonnox, etc...).
- Fixed invisible inline edit text field boxes in AAX instances within Pro Tools on Big Sur (Intel & Apple Silicon Rosetta).
- Fixed failure to display reference track level in input meters when the associated option was enabled.
- Fixed crash that could occur on playback if a mono audio file was loaded in the Reference panel.
- Fixed incorrect latency compensation after enabling action region solo or after toggling Punchy/Smooth modes in the Side channel view of Low End Focus.
- Fixed long instantiation times on Windows machines that do not have PACE drivers installed.
- Fixed help button in the Options window.
- Fixed issue where NKS resources would be installed even when deselected during installation.
- Fixed issue where NKS resources were not properly installed when using Product Portal to install Ozone.
- Fix possible crash when loading a preset in the Ozone mothership plug-in that was saved in the Ozone app when plug-ins were in the module chain.
- Corrected errors in the Ozone 9 help documentation.
- Various additional bug fixes.
- All Ozone 9 plug-ins now appear under the manufacturer name "iZotope" (instead of "iZotope, Inc.") in all DAWs/NLEs.
- Maximizer Threshold Learn button has been moved to the module header area.
- Updated version of Relay included in the Ozone 9 Advanced installer to the latest release version (1.2.0).
Version 9.1.0a released May 14, 2020
New Features & Enhancements:
- Updated version of TBC included in Ozone ADV installation to v2.2.0
- Updated Relay installer
Version 9.1 released March 19, 2020
New Features & Enhancements:
- Added ability to scrub (click and drag) to adjust text based values in the EQ HUDs.
- Added "Extra Curves" displays to the EQ.
- Extended the range of the Gain control in Master Rebalance.
- Fixed LP/HP filter Slope value resetting to 6 dB/oct if value was changed using the inline edit field in the EQ HUD.
- Fixed incorrect Q value display for bands that are disabled by default in the All Bands view of the EQ.
- Fixed issue where double-clicking on an .ozn project file would open an empty Ozone app project instead of the selected project.
- Fixed missing 'Sum to Mono' button in the I/O panel of the Ozone 9 Imager component plug-in.
- Fixed incorrect module panel being shown when switching between tracks with different signal chain contents in the Ozone app.
- Fixed missing playhead indicator in the Reference panel.
- Fixed missing Initial State entry in the Ozone mothership plug-in undo history list.
- Fixed module panel remaining visible after the module was removed from the chain by stepping back through events in the history list.
- Fixed inconsistent behavior when selecting bypass events in the Ozone app history list.
- Fixed missing undo history events for module bypass and solo for any module that is not included in the factory default signal chain.
- Fixed missing undo history events for adding or removing bands in the Dynamics, Exciter, and Imager modules.
- Fixed incorrect latency reporting when Codec Preview is enabled.
- Fixed intermittent crash when writing Dynamic EQ plug-in automation.
- Fixed crash when global mothership presets were loaded in an Ozone component plug-in.
- Fixed intermittent crash in the Ozone application when bulk importing files of varying sample rates.
- Fixed intermittent crash that could occur after running Master Assistant several times in certain DAWs.
- Fixed crash opening non-44.1k Ozone app projects that contain plug-ins in the signal chain of any track.
- Fixed intermittent crash when loading Ozone app projects, sessions, or host presets with reference tracks of varying sample rates or file formats.
- Fixed crash/hang on playback when using Reference tracks within dual mono instances of Ozone in Logic.
- Fixed inaccurate output meter clipping indication in the Ozone app.
- Fixed custom install location for Tonal Balance Control 2 on Windows.
- Fixed inconsistent behavior when loading module presets in the mothership or app preset manager.
- Fixed inconsistent bandwidth value settings when loading some EQ module presets.
- Fixed track waveform display issues when resizing the Ozone application.
- Fixed delayed update to the composite curve after adjusting Frequency resolution in the EQ options.
- Fixed latency between the scrolling waveform and gain reduction trace.
- Fixed display of track waveform data when zoomed in to the sample level.
- Fixed incorrect default I/O meter type.
- Fixed labeling of Mid/Side mode in Low End Focus.
- Fixed layout and styling of the plug-in selection list in the Ozone application.
- Fixed alignment of the correlation trace center line in the Ozone 9 Imager.
- Fixed alignment of text elements in the Master Assistant panel.
- Fixed overlapping scale labels in the EQ and Match EQ.
Operating System Changes:
- Added support for macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
Version 9.0.3 released December 17, 2019
Changes to Operating System Support & Bug Fixes:
- Installer support for macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- Bug fixes: Japanese file path crash
Version 9.02 released October 8, 2019
- Fixes NKS preset loading issue
- Fixes session serialization issue that could occur when upgrading from Ozone 9.0.0 to Ozone 9.0.1
Version 9.01 released October 3, 2019
- Fixes crash on instantiation of the Ozone 9 mothership plug-in and Ozone 9 application on Windows 10 Version 1903