Tonal Balance Control 2 is now available for individual purchase, and along with that comes a new version 2.2 update. If you’re new to Tonal Balance Control 2, head over to our product page to check out the features. HOWEVER: If you own Ozone 9 Advanced or Neutron 3 Advanced, then you already have this product! Follow the directions below to download the latest version for free, and get improved fluid metering and improved UI scaling for easier EQing!
Update to Tonal Balance Control 2.2
Important note for Ozone 8 and Neutron 2 owners: If you own the original Tonal Balance Control (included with Ozone 8 or Neutron 2), you are not eligible for this update. To get Tonal Balance Control 2, please update your Ozone or Neutron Advanced license via your iZotope account.
Steps for installation:
1. Click the button below to go to the download page. You will be asked to enter your iZotope account email.
2. Once you enter your account email and password, you’ll be taken to the download page.
To install your update, please follow these three simple steps:
- Choose which version of the product installer to download, PC or Mac.
- After you download, run the product installer.
- After you run the installer, you can go to the Tonal Balance Control 2 Preferences menu to verify the latest version 2.2 installed succesfully.
No further action or authorization is required. Enjoy!
You might ask, what’s the deal with fluid metering anyway? With Tonal Balance Control 2.2 you'll notice an immediate difference in the response of the meters in both Broad and Fine view modes, as well as the EQ windows when used with Ozone 9 and Neutron 3. Experience meters that respond to every peak and dip in your music. Notice every throb of the bass, the ascendant swell of the lead vocal, and marvel at whatever the heck is going on in your 2–6 kHz region. Maybe that open hi-hat track is too loud? We won’t tell you what to do!
Version 2.2 Release Notes
- Now available for separate purchase! New users can purchase Tonal Balance Control 2 and later update to Neutron 3 or Ozone 9 Advanced for the difference in cost
- Implemented fluid metering in main tonal balance metering view (both coarse and fine modes)
- Options menu has received a visual update for parity with other titles
- Now compatible with iZotope Product Portal
- Updated color scheme
- Fixed a bug where the metering averaging window would be set to "Realtime" upon clicking the "Reset" button in Options rather than the expected default value of 10 seconds
- Adjusted frequency axis scaling of vertical gridlines shown in connected remote EQs to align with tonal balance region gridlines
- Adjusted amplitude axis scaling of connected Ozone EQs to be at parity with one another and improve remote control of an Ozone EQ node amplitude over IPC
- Now also includes updated Relay 1.0.4b, which now installs alongside Tonal Balance Control 2