Location: Cambridge, MA
Reporting to: Director of Engineering
About the Job
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for a software development position focused on developing audio applications and plug-ins for sound designers, musicians, and audio production professionals. No two days are alike at iZotope and we thrive on it - we transform our passion for audio into innovations in the way we create and listen to sound.
Qualified applicants should have in-depth knowledge and demonstrable experience designing, developing and debugging software in C/C++ for Windows and Mac and a passion for music and audio technology. The ideal candidate would have prior experience developing audio plugins and/or virtual instruments and be familiar with trends in the audio industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with product management, UX and sound designers, and QA to define, understand and realize product requirements
- Design, prototype, develop and deliver new audio products in C/C++
- Maintain and upgrade existing audio products written in C/C++
- Contribute to improvements, refactoring and re-architecture of the application and UI framework, to maintain state-of-the art foundation for our products
- 6 or more years of experience developing efficient, reusable and reliable C/C++ code for production-quality products
- BS Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent. MS degree a plus.
- Exceptional engineering skills, designs for quality, expert problem solver, strong analytical skills
- Solid understanding of design patterns, software frameworks, performance optimization, unit testing approaches and test-driven development
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, able to learn new technologies and work independently
- Experience as a technical leader and/or coach to other software developers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and able to work collaboratively with other engineers, QA, Product Managers, UX Designers, Sound Designers
- Experience using and/or developing audio plugin SDKs
- Experience with cross-platform development using Microsoft Visual Studio, Apple Xcode, Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration environment and tools (e.g., Bamboo, Stash, etc.)
- Working knowledge or exposure to DSP and audio signal processing algorithms
- Experience with authorization tools (e.g., PACE or similar), code signing tools (e.g., OSX codesign, Verisign or equivalent), installers (e.g., BitRock, Inno, PackageMaker, InstallShield)
- Familiarity with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Experience with mobile and/or web application development
This position is located in our corporate headquarters in Cambridge, MA. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
To Apply: http://izotope.applytojob.com/apply/WD6VEg/Senior-Software-Engineer
iZotope makes audio products and technologies that are used around the world. We have a wide range of customers, from the millions of consumers who enjoy our audio enhancement to GRAMMY-winning producers using our pro products to the corporations who license our technology for use in their own products. We are a growing team of highly motivated people who are constantly looking to innovate and improve the way we create and listen to audio.