DSP Research Engineer
Location: Cambridge, MA
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
About the Job:
We are seeking a talented and creative Research Engineer to join iZotope’s applied research team in the discovery and evaluation of emerging audio technologies and their application to our future products. This unique position offers an allocation of 50% work time towards self-directed research activities in support of our technology roadmap. Qualified applicants should have expert knowledge in the design and development of signal analysis and processing algorithms; a passion for music and audio technology; and enthusiasm for and awareness of technological advances in DSP and related disciplines. The ideal candidate would have prior experience with techniques drawn from machine learning and be familiar with trends in audio software.
- Self-directed research to identify and develop the breakthrough, enabling technologies that underlie iZotope’s product and technology roadmaps
- Supporting ongoing projects through the delivery of new algorithms and technologies to product development teams
- Collaboration with industry partners, universities and professional organizations in the audio industry to keep iZotope current in regards to relevant technology and scientific trends and promote iZotope’s contributions in these areas
- Publish and patent novel audio DSP research to support the broader research community and promote iZotope’s technology brand
- Maintaining and upgrading our library of existing DSP and related technologies
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent field (PhD preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of theoretical and applied DSP, especially in the areas of digital audio effects, speech processing and/or music information retrieval
- Expertise in at least one programming or scripting language, e.g., C/C++
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Team player with strong influence and leadership skills
- Experience with algorithm development using Matlab, Octave or Python
- Current knowledge of modern artificial intelligence / machine learning techniques in audio analysis and processing
- Specific experience with approaches to source separation, reverberation modeling, signal restoration, statistical methods, synthesis and/or audio effects design.
- Experience working with product managers to define and implement product requirements
- Experience using and/or developing audio plugin SDK
This position is located in our corporate headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
To Apply: http://izotope.applytojob.com/apply/dsiCufb8O7/DSP-Research-Engineer
iZotope makes audio products and technologies that are used around the world. We have a wide range of customers, from the millions of consumers who enjoy our audio enhancement to GRAMMY-winning producers using our pro products to the corporations who license our technology for use in their own products. We are a growing team of highly motivated people who are constantly looking to innovate and improve the way we create and listen to audio.