The RX Connect plug-in sends a clip to the RX standalone application for editing and repair. This gives you access to all of RX's modules in one place, and provides the benefits of RX's offline processing and visual interface.
To edit audio from Steinberg Nuendo in RX:
In Nuendo, select the audio clip for processing.
- Select the iZotope RX Connect Plug-in from the Nuendo “Audio-Plug-ins” menu
- The iZotope RX Connect plug-in window will open
- Depending on your requirements please select one of the following choices:
- Send for reference - meant for analysis only. The clips go to RX, but do not come back.
- Send for repair - the clips are sent to RX and, after they are cleaned up, you can send them back to your DAW.
- To send a clip for reference, press the preview button. This will play the audio through in realtime, upon which it will send a reference clip.
- To send a clip for repair, press the process button to send the audio to RX Audio Editor.
- The RX application will automatically open and receive the audio from Nuendo.
Repair mode only:
- You can now carry out any repair, restoration or cleaning using the full selection of RX modules.
- Once you are happy with the edits you can simply press the “send back” button at the top of the open window to send the audio back to Nuendo.
- Once complete RX will show a window asking to re-open the RX Connect plug-in.
- Back in Nuendo, select the iZotope RX Connect Plug-in from the “Audio-Plug-ins” menu.
- Press the process button to commit the changes to the original audio file.
Please note that RX Connect is not supported as a realtime insert in Nuendo.