Setting RX as your Sample Editor provides a quick and efficient round trip workflow.
To set RX for use as an external audio editor in Sony Vegas Pro:
- Open Sony Vegas Pro.
- Click Options > Preferences to open the Sony Vegas Preferences menu.
- Navigate to the “Audio” tab.
- Under “Preferred audio editor,” please click “Browse.”
- Navigate to the RX 4 application on your computer.
- Most likely, this is at the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\iZotope\RX 4\win64\iZotope RX 4.exe
- Press OK.
To edit audio from Sony Vegas Pro in RX:
- Select the audio that you wish to edit. This can be an entire audio file or just a small clip. If you wish to only edit a smaller portion of a larger file, you may want to use the “Split” function in Vegas to create a new audio region from your selection.
- Right-click on your chosen audio file or region and select “Open Copy in Audio Editor.” Using a copy, instead of the original, ensures that you do not overwrite the original audio and can always undo any changes you make. Alternatively, you could also select “Open in Audio Editor” or press Ctrl + E if altering the original does not concern you.
- RX 4 should now open up with the selected audio file.
- Make any changes or edits that you wish and the select “Overwrite Original File” from the RX 4 File menu. The keyboard shortcut for this is Ctrl + Alt + S.
- Now go back to Sony Vegas Pro and you should see the waveform of the audio file update with any changes you made.