Insight 2 Release Notes
Version 2.4.0 released August 23, 2023
Compatibility Updates & Improvements
- ADDED native (arm64) AAX support for Pro Tools 2023.3+ on Apple silicon Macs
- ADDED native (arm64) install support for Apple silicon Macs
- ADDED factory and custom preset tabs to the preset manager
- ADDED smooth metering support on Windows
- ADDED multi-user installation support
- CHANGED authorization system workflow
- CHANGED Relay is no longer included in the Insight 2 installer directly, Relay can be updated separately and will still be authorized by your Insight 2 license
- CHANGED factory presets to read-only
- CHANGED install location of factory presets and help documentation to root level directories
- CHANGED minimum supported macOS version to macOS Big Sur
- FIXED inability to exit bypassed state when host bypass is engaged in Pro Tools
- FIXED inconsistent manufacturer name across plugin formats
- FIXED incorrect true peak value displayed in Loudness meter if K-System is selected as meter type in Levels meter
- FIXED performance issue on Windows when using multiple surround instances of Insight with Loudness History open
Version 2.3.0 released May 9, 2022
Updates & Improvements
- Added native support for Apple silicon Macs (Apple M1 chips).
- Note: VST2 instances of Insight 2 are only available in DAWs or NLEs opened using Rosetta on Apple silicon Macs.
- Added support for macOS Monterey (12.3.x).
- Added support for Windows 11.
- Fixed appearance of loudness target inline edit fields in Pro Tools on macOS Big Sur or macOS Monterey.
- Fixed hang that could occur upon opening a session with multiple instances of Insight 2.
Version 2.1.1a released October 19, 2020
- Windows installer: Fixed cleanup behavior when a customized installation is aborted.
Version 2.1.1 released June 11, 2020
- Fixed a crash in Logic Pro X 10.5.0
- Fixed a crash in Cubase 10.5
- Improved installer support for macOS Catalina
- Removed RTAS support
Version 2.10n released December 17, 2019
- Updated installer to support installation on macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
Version 2.10 released February 26, 2019
- New Dialogue Loudness Gate option for measuring loudness in the Loudness and History meters.
- Enhanced Loudness Target Controls
- New Loudness Target Controls panel
- New LRA measurement target controls
- New Netflix Loudness Standard Target preset
- Added Japanese content to the Insight 2 Help Documentation
- Updated Insight 2 installer to include latest version of Relay (v1.01)
- Fixed memory leak that could occur on Mac operating systems when opening and closing the UI
- Fixed increase in CPU usage when the UI is left open for long periods of time
- Various bug fixes