Industry standard tools for audio post are updated with new dialogue capabilities, comprehensive metering, multichannel support, and workflow enhancements
iZotope, Inc., Cambridge, MA - September 13, 2018 - iZotope, Inc., the experts in intelligent audio technology, today released RX Post Production Suite 3, the flagship of the RX family product line of software. This refreshed collection provides solutions across the full spectrum of audio post production, from dialogue editing to mixing to delivery for film, TV, and other new media.
RX Post Production Suite 3 includes two brand-new product updates, RX 7 Advanced and Insight 2, as well as Neutron 2 Advanced, RX Loudness Control, and bonus content from Pro Sound Effects and Groove3.
RX 7 Advanced Key Features
The seventh generation of RX Advanced, iZotope’s industry standard audio repair and editing suite, builds on years of extensive research in digital signal processing and machine learning. This update supplies the audio post community with deeper control over dialogue and speedy workflow enhancements. Highlights include:
- Dialogue Contour - reshape the intonation of dialogue to rescue or improve a performance, powered by pitch correction that is tailored to speech and designed to adjust the inflection of words within a phrase.
- Dialogue De-reverb - reduce or remove unwanted reverb from dialogue clips using an algorithm trained with machine learning and optimized to separate spoken dialogue from reverberant signal content.
- Pro Tools AudioSuite plug-ins - save time when fixing production audio by staying within Pro Tools and using new AudioSuite plug-ins to access features like De-Rustle and Dialogue Isolate.
- Multi-channel support - tackle audio issues that appear in any or every surround channel effortlessly up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2.
Insight 2 Key Features
In the time since iZotope’s audio metering and analysis plug-in, Insight, first launched, surround sound has prompted new channel standards for film and TV, broadcast loudness targets have changed, and entirely new systems of measuring audio have been developed. Insight 2 has been completely overhauled to provide thoroughly modern metering. Highlights include:
- New Intelligibility Meter - get a clearer picture of how an audience will experience the dialogue—powerful DSP measures the intelligibility of dialogue compared to the rest of the mix to ensure that the dialogue level can be clearly heard in different listening environments.
- A new look - resize and customize the new user interface, redesigned to be easier to read at a glance
- Multichannel support - analyze audio in surround sound up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2.
- Global loudness standard support - set loudness targets for latest standards including EBU R128, BS.1770-1, BS.1770-2/3/4, ATSC A/85, and OP-59.
“As the industry shifts towards digital, streaming platforms, we hear loud and clear how audio post deadlines are even shorter and turnarounds are even faster,” comments Gerry Caron, iZotope’s Chief Product Officer. “Our focus is to innovate in ways that relieve that pressure—designing features that make the impossible possible and minimize the mundane aspects of the job. When we free up time for creative people to focus more fully on the creative aspects of their work, we know we’ve done our job.”
Availability & Pricing
RX Post Production Suite 3, RX 7 Advanced, and Insight 2 are now available at
www.izotope.com and select retailers.
All new products are on sale now through October 31, 2018. Pricing details for new customers and upgrading customers can be found at www.izotope.com/rxpricing. Owners of previous versions of RX, Insight, and RX Post Production Suite can find their upgrade coupons in their iZotope account.
About iZotope, Inc.
At iZotope, we’re obsessed with great sound. Our intelligent audio technology helps musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the tech behind it. We design award-winning software, plug-ins, hardware, and mobile apps powered by the highest quality audio processing, machine learning, and strikingly intuitive interfaces. iZotope: the shortest path from sound to emotion.