A host of new features added to the critically acclaimed mastering software, also available as part of iZotope’s Music Production Bundle
Cambridge, MA (November 3, 2015) — iZotope, Inc., makers of award-winning software for audio production, now has released the latest version of their flagship mastering software, Ozone.
Ozone 7 is a set of essential mastering tools that enable both professionals and aspiring music producers to easily add a final level of polish to their mixes and audio recordings. While retaining the elegant workflow and precision audio processing of previous versions, Ozone 7 brings the best sonic characteristics of analog hardware to modern digital recordings.
The Ozone family of products includes both Ozone 7 and Ozone 7 Advanced, which includes additional features for gluing together a mix. Ozone 7 Advanced users can take advantage of four brand-new vintage-inspired modules, designed to add deep, rich analog character to digital recordings. Additionally, the new Codec Preview feature lets Advanced users audition the effect of industry-standard codecs on their master, making it easier to make necessary adjustments before exporting for digital distribution.
By starting with Ozone’s expansive collection of presets, pros and newcomers alike can quickly achieve authentic sounds in any genre. Through helpful visualizations and intuitive controls, the software aims to takes the guesswork and manual labor out of the mastering process, helping users experiment without fear of making the wrong sonic choices. “Ozone 7 builds on iZotope's reputation for superior sound quality and mastering tools,” says iZotope Product Manager Izzy Maxwell. “We’ve added new processing capabilities that honor all the aspects of vintage hardware that people love—warmth, saturation, character, richness—and reimagines them for the modern digital music production realm.”
Ozone 7 Key Features:
- Vintage Limiter: Glue a mix together, control dynamic range, and add character
- Vintage Tape ADVANCED ONLY: Add the distinctive sonic characteristics of analog tape to modern digital recordings
- Vintage Compressor ADVANCED ONLY: Add subtle warming and sweetening effects with a single-band, program-dependent vintage compressor
- Vintage EQ ADVANCED ONLY: Add the richness, warmth, and color of analog equalization to digital audio
- Maximizer with new IRC IV mode: Increase perceived loudness without pumping or distortion with the mode’s innovative new spectral shaping technology
- Dynamic EQ: Now included in both versions of Ozone with improved features and optimized performance
- A comprehensive bank of presets: Achieve authentic sounds for any genre and style and explore Signature Mastering Presets from Greg Calbi, the notable mastering engineer whose career spans from John Lennon to Bruce Springsteen to Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett
- New export options: Encode mastered audio to MP3 and AAC formats
Ozone 7 runs as a standalone application, or as a plug-in in your audio editing software. Ozone 7 Advanced includes ten additional component plug-ins for direct access to individual Ozone modules in your host.
Pricing & Availability
Ozone 7 and Ozone 7 Advanced are available now at www.izotope.com/ozone and at select retailers.
Ozone 7 Advanced is also available as part of iZotope’s Music Production Bundle with Insight, Alloy 2, Nectar 2 Production Suite, and Trash 2 (plus two Trash Expansions).
The Music Production Bundle, Ozone 7 Advanced, and Ozone 7 are on sale through November 11, 2015:
- Music Production Bundle is available for $549 USD, €505 (reg. $599, €549)
- Ozone 7 Advanced is available for $449 USD, €429 (reg. $499, €459)
- Ozone 7 is available for $199 USD, €185 (reg. $249, €229)
Upgrade pricing can be found on iZotope's website, and owners of previous versions of Ozone can find their upgrade coupons in their iZotope accounts.
All customers who purchased Ozone 6 or Ozone 6 Advanced after August 26, 2015 will receive a free upgrade to the respective version of Ozone 7.
Learn more at www.izotope.com/en/products/ozone.html
iZotope makes innovative products that inspire and enable people to be creative. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, iZotope has spent over a decade developing award-winning products and audio technologies for professionals and hobbyists alike. Used by millions of people in over 50 countries, iZotope products are a core component of GRAMMY-winning music studios, Oscar- and Emmy-winning film and TV post-production studios, and prominent radio studios, as well as basement and bedroom studios across the globe. iZotope also powers products made by industry partners such as Adobe, Avid, Microsoft, and Sony. iZotope was recently honored with an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development for its flagship audio repair suite, RX®. Learn more about iZotope at www.izotope.com.