Latest version of industry-standard mastering suite ships January 30th, 2009.
NAMM – Anaheim, CA (January 15, 2009) – iZotope, Inc., a leading innovator in audio signal processing technology, has announced it is shipping Ozone 4 on January 30th. Ozone 4 is the latest update to its critically-acclaimed software mastering suite. iZotope will be demonstrating Ozone 4 at the NAMM show at booth 6700.
Ozone 4 builds on the program’s reputation for superior sound quality and industry-standard mastering tools with new innovations and refinements. iZotope has updated and expanded Ozone's processing algorithms, optimizing them for today's low-latency DAW environments. Ozone 4 features a new Intelligent Loudness Maximizer mode, mid/side processing for superior control over the sound stage, hybrid crossovers, a re-designed interface and a completely updated preset manager featuring innovative MacroPresets. In addition, numerous interface improvements and ease-of-use additions make Ozone even more accessible to musicians who want to quickly finalize their projects, while also offering precise tools for professional engineers.
- Integrated mastering system combining analog warmth and digital precision
- Seven essential mastering processors in one integrated plug-in
- Updated processing algorithms, optimized for low-latency DAW environments
- New mid/side processing tools add a whole new dimension of power to Ozone’s EQ, dynamics, harmonic exciter and reverb modules by letting you process different parts of the soundstage separately
- New IRC™ Intelligent Loudness Maximizer “Intelligent II” mode provides full, loud and dynamic masters while handling transients with unprecedented clarity
- Improved and enhanced preset manager with over 100 presets and a floating window for easier editing and better visual feedback
- New MacroPresets let you adjust a few simple parameters to find the perfect starting point for mastering a project
- Completely re-designed input and output metering shows real-world analog peak levels (inter-sample peaks), simultaneous peak and RMS values, and now includes full K-System metering support
- New hybrid crossovers combine the best aspects of digital and analog crossovers
- Many more interface and ease-of-use additions including refined EQ controls, automatic gain compensation, “Amount” sliders to dial in more or less processing on each module, and more
Pro Tools 7 (RTAS/AudioSuite), VST, MAS, Audio Unit, and DirectX
- Windows Vista, XP
- Apple OS X (Universal Binary)
Pricing and availability:
Ozone 4 will be available for $249 MSRP.
Ozone 4 is distributed worldwide by M-Audio, and will also be available direct (download only) from www.izotope.com.
Customers who bought Ozone 3 after October 1, 2008 are eligible for a free upgrade to Ozone 4 when it is released. Existing Ozone 3 customers will be able to upgrade for only $79 USD.
iZotope makes innovative products that inspire and enable people to be creative. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, iZotope has spent over a decade developing award-winning products and audio technologies for professionals and hobbyists alike. Used by millions of people in over 50 countries, iZotope products are a core component of GRAMMY-winning music studios, Oscar and Emmy-winning film and TV post production studios, and prominent radio studios, as well as basement and bedroom studios across the globe. Through a robust licensing program, iZotope also powers products made by industry partners such as Adobe, Avid, Microsoft, and Sony. iZotope was recently honored with an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development for its flagship audio repair suite, RX®.
For more information on iZotope products, visit www.izotope.com.