Latest version of industry-standard mastering suite to ship in January 2009.
AES – San Francisco, CA (October 3rd, 2008) – iZotope, Inc., a leading innovator in audio signal processing technology, announces iZotope Ozone 4, an update to its critically-acclaimed software mastering suite.
Ozone 4 builds on the program’s reputation for superior sound quality and industry-standard mastering tools with new innovations. iZotope has updated and expanded Ozone's processing algorithms, optimizing them for today's low-latency DAW environments. Ozone 4 features a new Intelligent Loudness Maximizer, Perfect Reconstruction crossovers, mid/side processing for superior control over the sound stage, and a new True Envelope dynamics processing mode. In addition, numerous interface improvements and ease-of-use additions make Ozone even more accessible to musicians and engineers who want to quickly finalize their projects.
- Integrated mastering system combining analog warmth and digital precision
- New Intelligent Loudness Maximizer mode provides full-sounding masters while handling transients with unprecedented clarity
- New Perfect Reconstruction crossovers combine analog character with digital clarity
- New mid/side processing adds a whole new dimension of power to Ozone’s EQ, dynamics and harmonic exciter by letting you process different parts of the soundstage separately
- True Envelope dynamics processing introduces a new alternative to traditional Peak and RMS-based dynamics processing for exceptionally transparent compression, expansion and limiting
- Improved and enhanced preset system lets users adjust a few simple parameters to get amazing results
- Many more interface and ease-of-use additions
Pro Tools 7 (RTAS/AudioSuite), VST, MAS, Audio Units, and DirectX
Windows Vista, XP
Apple OS X (Universal Binary)
Pricing and availability:
Ozone 4 will ship in January of 2009 for $249 MSRP.
iZotope Ozone 4 will be distributed worldwide by M-Audio, and will also available direct from iZotope online. Ozone 4 will be available in January of 2009. Customers who buy Ozone 3 after October 1, 2008 are eligible for a free upgrade to Ozone 4 when it is released. Existing Ozone 3 customers will be able to upgrade for only $79 (US).
iZotope makes innovative products that inspire and enable people to be creative. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, iZotope has spent over a decade developing award-winning products and audio technologies for professionals and hobbyists alike. Used by millions of people in over 50 countries, iZotope products are a core component of GRAMMY-winning music studios, Oscar and Emmy-winning film and TV post production studios, and prominent radio studios, as well as basement and bedroom studios across the globe. Through a robust licensing program, iZotope also powers products made by industry partners such as Adobe, Avid, Microsoft, and Sony. iZotope was recently honored with an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development for its flagship audio repair suite, RX®.
For more information on iZotope products, visit www.izotope.com.