Brings adaptive realtime noise reduction algorithm to hardware for broadcast audio.
AES - NYC Booth 466 (October 5, 2007) – iZotope, Inc., a leading innovator in audio signal processing technology, announces the development of the ANR-B Adaptive Realtime Noise Reduction unit, which will bring the company's renowned audio algorithm for noise reduction to a dedicated hardware unit for use in broadcast audio applications. iZotope encourages AES visitors to visit booth 466 to hear a working prototype unit.
The ANR-B uses iZotope's advanced noise reduction technology to intelligently identify and suppress environmental broadband noise, hum, phone line artifacts and more, dramatically increasing the quality of audio broadcasts involving radio call-in programs and on-location broadcasting. Unlike other noise reduction solutions, iZotope's ANR-B actually detects noise in real-time and adapts to changing noise over time, allowing for automatic operation with little to no input required from the user.
"Broadcasters face realtime noise challenges ranging from cell phone call-ins and compression artifacts to noisy air conditioners and bad wiring," says Mark Ethier, CEO of iZotope, Inc. "ANR-B automates the process of high-quality noise reduction in realtime so noise issues no longer make or break a segment."
Designed to suit a wide range of broadcast applications, the two channel ANR-B features broadcast connections including analog and digital I/O, LAN for advanced parameter control, and MIDI for remote automation. Presets are available for common applications while simple controls and clear meters help to quickly customize settings for unique situations. While the ANR-B is designed to automatically determine a broadband noise print, a manual learn function enables the unit to reduce noise of a specific trained profile, adding to the unit's flexibility.
- Automatically removes noise from audio in real-time
- Two channels can work independently or as a stereo pair
- Includes presets for specific scenarios
- Residual noise switch lets user quickly preview the noise being removed
- Single knob controls noise suppression on each channel
- Learn button allows for manual operation by capturing a noise profile
- Additional effects for vocal enhancement
- PC/Mac interface for managing presets and designing advanced programs
- Remote control capability
- Power - 110/220 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- MIDI - In and Out (remote control)
- LAN - 10/100 BaseT Ethernet (PC/Mac host connection)
- Analog Audio - Balanced XLR, Conversion: up to 24-bit, 96KHz, Output +4 dBu
- Digital Audio - AES-EBU, Impedance: 110 ohms, Interface: Balanced, transformer coupled
- Sync - Word Clock In (BNC), Hi Z, 1Vp-p to 5Vp-p, Word Clock Out (BNC), 75 Ohms, 5Vp-p
iZotope makes innovative products that inspire and enable people to be creative. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, iZotope has spent over a decade developing award-winning products and audio technologies for professionals and hobbyists alike. Used by millions of people in over 50 countries, iZotope products are a core component of GRAMMY-winning music studios, Oscar and Emmy-winning film and TV post production studios, and prominent radio studios, as well as basement and bedroom studios across the globe. Through a robust licensing program, iZotope also powers products made by industry partners such as Adobe, Avid, Microsoft, and Sony. iZotope was recently honored with an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development for its flagship audio repair suite, RX®.
For more information on iZotope products, visit www.izotope.com.
© 2007 iZotope, Inc. iZotope, the iZotope logo and iZotope ANR-B are trademarks of iZotope, Inc. Grammy is a trademark of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, Inc. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.