64-bit modeling of classic amps, distortions, delays and filters.
Natick, MA (March 31, 2003) – IZOTOPE, INC., recognized innovator in digital media technology, has released Trash, a 64-bit effects system in the form of a DirectX plug-in.
For guitarists recording direct, Trash provides over 85 box, cabinet and speaker models -- ranging from standard amp classics to stacks to experimental designs. Combined with 45 overdrive and distortion models -- 12AX7 tubes, 6L6 tubes, transistors, fuzz, rectifiers, and more -- you can make Trash sound as good, bad, real or unreal as you want.
Trash goes beyond a typical "guitar amp simulator" effect, though. With multiband distortion, sweeping filters and emulations of classic delays it can be effectively applied to bass, vocals, drums as well.
- 48 distortion types ranging from tube overdrive to the fuzz of germanium transistors. Chain pairs of distortions together for sonic destruction at 64-bit precision, or split the signal into multiple bands and apply distortion independently to individual frequencies.
- - Realistic modeling of 85 amp cabinets and speakers. Classics, combos, boutique models, stacks... a tone and character for any occasion.
- 36 filters that can be LFO or envelope triggered through a unique graphical display. Synth filters, resonant filters, classic analog filters and more.
- Multiband dynamics and gating to control the peaks and tame the noise.
- Trash the echo with a selection of classic lo-fi delays. Tape delay with saturation and nonlinear tape machine artifacts, tape-tube delay with added tube saturation modeling, classic analog delay with analog degradation and Lo-fi digital delay with quantization noise and aliasing.
- History and Undo features, dedicated preset manager with dozens of drum, guitar and bass presets, spectrum and level meters, and DirectX automation in applications such as Cakewalk SONAR, Sonic Foundry Vegas 4 and Sonic Foundry Acid 4.
Trash is available for purchase as a download or on CD from the iZotope web site. The price is $199 for the download version or $229 for the CD version (includes shipping and handling).
Pentium II 500 or greater
64 MB RAM or greater
Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP
iZotope makes innovative products that inspire and enable people to be creative. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, iZotope has spent over a decade developing award-winning products and audio technologies for professionals and hobbyists alike. Used by millions of people in over 50 countries, iZotope products are a core component of GRAMMY-winning music studios, Oscar and Emmy-winning film and TV post production studios, and prominent radio studios, as well as basement and bedroom studios across the globe. Through a robust licensing program, iZotope also powers products made by industry partners such as Adobe, Avid, Microsoft, and Sony. iZotope was recently honored with an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development for its flagship audio repair suite, RX®.
For more information on iZotope products, visit www.izotope.com.