Free lo-fi simulation plug-in for the classic vinyl sound.
Framingham, MA (January 2, 2001) – IZOTOPE, INC. has released iZotope Vinyl, a free lo-fi simulation plug-in for DirectX host applications.
The ultimate lo-fi weapon, Vinyl uses 64 bit processing and advanced filtering, modeling and resampling to create authentic "vinyl" simulation, as if the audio was a record being played on a record player.
You have complete control over the following parameters:
- Mechanical Noise - The amount of turntable motor rumble and noise
- Electrical Noise - Internally generated electrical noise, such as 60 Hz grounding hum
- Wear - Control how worn out the record is, from brand new to played a few thousand times
- Dust - The amount of dust on the record
- Scratch - The number and depth of scratches on the record
- Warp - The amount of warping and the warp shape for the record - from no warp to the edges totally melted and warped.
- Record Player Year - The year of the record player - from current linear tracking turntables to 1930 honographs
- Stereo/Mono - Switch between stereo and mono output
- Input and Output Gain - Set the gain in and out of the effect with visual level meter feedback
To install this plug-in, you will need a passcode. You can get this for free by registering at:
Pentium II 450 or greater
64 MB RAM or greater
Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP
iZotope makes innovative products that inspire and enable people to be creative. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, iZotope has spent over a decade developing award-winning products and audio technologies for professionals and hobbyists alike. Used by millions of people in over 50 countries, iZotope products are a core component of GRAMMY-winning music studios, Oscar and Emmy-winning film and TV post production studios, and prominent radio studios, as well as basement and bedroom studios across the globe. Through a robust licensing program, iZotope also powers products made by industry partners such as Adobe, Avid, Microsoft, and Sony. iZotope was recently honored with an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development for its flagship audio repair suite, RX®.
For more information on iZotope products, visit www.izotope.com.