User Interface Designer
Reporting to: Creative Director
User Interface Designer
iZotope is looking for an experienced User Interface Designer to join our growing Design team. The successful candidate will focus on the mobile UI for our Spire recorder iOS app, ensuring a delightful user experience as we add new features and expand into new formats, including Android, web and desktop. Even though this position focuses on the visual UI, it does include some UX responsibilities.
Reporting directly to the Creative Director, the UI Designer will be a key member of the Design team, collaborating with Engineering and Marketing departments to deliver beautiful and functional designs in line with the iZotope brand. The UI Designer will work closely with the Creative Director to develop the visual brand language and establish and maintain our style guide. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating wireframes for the interfaces that are clear and easy to use
- Validate design ideas with users and internal stakeholders
- Designing the look and feel of our iOS app, extending the experience to Android, web, and desktop
- Focusing on reusable components, ensure consistency among all of our products
- Creating final assets for product interfaces
- Defining any interactions or animations within the interface.
- Working with the Creative Director and other team members on developing the visual aesthetic of iZotope’s brand
- Developing and maintaining the UI style guide
- 3+ years of interactive design experience
- Experience designing engaging, customer-focused UIs for mobile, web, and desktop, and a great portfolio to prove it
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, inVision, Balsamiq and/or other prototyping tools
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Agile Development, Design Sprints, Design Thinking or Lean UX, is a plus.
- Familiarity with HTML & CSS (Swift a plus)
- Knowledge of UX best practices
- Experience in the music industry a plus
- Passion for design and developing design systems. You can create design solutions that can be used by others to convey a consistent high-quality brand image
- Ability to synthesize ideas to come up with novel solutions and present them effectively to stakeholders
- Have a “do whatever it takes” mindset. Possess a strong work ethic, be willing to go the extra mile, and be able to collaborate positively with others while still being able to work independently when needed
- Individual must be a team player, focused on the total success of the company and the overall Design team as opposed to individual success
This opportunity is a full-time position located based in our Cambridge, MA office location.
To APPLY: http://izotope.applytojob.com/apply/P4ojO5e4hz/User-Interface-Designer
iZotope makes audio products and technologies that are used around the world. We have a wide range of customers, from the millions of consumers who enjoy our audio enhancement to GRAMMY-winning producers using our pro products to the corporations who license our technology for use in their own products. We are a growing team of highly motivated people who are constantly looking to innovate and improve the way we create and listen to audio.