Director of Content
We are looking for a Director of Content to lead all content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior.
The Director of Content requires a combination of a marketing and publishing mindset, with the most important aspect being to think “customer first”. This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, storytelling, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, and analytics.
The position collaborates with all departments across the company to help define compelling brand stories and ways to educate and engage customers and prospects to inspire and enable them to be more creative.
- Ensuring all content is of the highest quality, engaging, on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, audio, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous testing and refining the strategy is a must.
- The development of a functional content calendar across the different stages of the customer journey.
- Supervising writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of quality and best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns (monthly promo campaigns, product launches, etc).
- Conducting ongoing testing to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, and maintenance.
- Establishing workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies.
- Participation in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
- Work closely with design on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired action...i.e. conversions, purchase, etc.).
- Website and social media traffic growth.
- Conversion metrics definition and growth.
- Social media positive sentiment metrics.
- Customer feedback and survey data.
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
- Clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of the customer journey.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field.
- 5-10 years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.).
- Experience with creating compelling content for iZotope personas.
- Experience creating content for international audiences
- Audience development and subscription experience a plus.
- Proven editorial skills.
- Training as a journalist and has a “nose” for the story. Training in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience
- Ability to work effectively across all groups within the organization.
- Deep empathy for and understanding of our customers and our products
- The ability to lead and inspire creative personnel and content creators to achieve company's stated goals.
- A passion for new technology tools and fluency in web analytics tools, social media marketing applications, and leading social media monitoring platforms.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns.
- Familiarity with principles of content marketing
This position is full-time and located in our Cambridge, MA office. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply: https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/izotopecom/view/P_AAAAAAEAAHbEuwaOyHz6hY