The Communications Director will be responsible for the planning, development, and execution of all activities of the Communications and Community team. Overseeing all programs related to press and public relations, events and trade shows, artist relations, and social media. In addition, performing as a key stakeholder and contributor in all brand related initiatives, including company messaging and positioning. Directing the efforts of five staff members and coordinating their efforts at both a strategic and tactical level with all other departments across the organization.
- Steer overall strategy development for iZotope press, events, artists, awards, speaking engagements, and community sponsorships, ensuring that iZotope is in the public eye at the right places and in front of the right people.
- Oversee the implementation and execution of planned activities across press, events, artists, and social media, serving as a player/coach that will jump in and directly contribute when needed.
- Serve as a steward of the brand — champion a consistent expression of overall brand identity within brand and product initiatives, corporate communications, and internal communications
- Drive the relationship with an external PR agency at a strategic level, providing support to day-to-day operations as needed.
- Oversee and nurture staff members’ development of product launch related plans across press, events, artists, and social media.
- Ensure key performance indicators are in place to measure success of endeavors across press, events, artists, and social media, and ensure that this information is reported in a timely fashion to share learning across the organization.
- Define the strategy and messaging for corporate announcements, awards, and speaking engagements.
- Counsel the organization and provides necessary messaging for crisis communications.
- Counsel other iZotope teams and provide messaging for general customer communications (product updates, policy changes, etc.).
- Collaborate with the Marketing Leadership Team to ensure strategies, programs, and activities are aligned and integrated across the entire department.
- Collaborate across the broader iZotope Management Team to ensure company brand and mission are recognized and adhered to across the organization.
- Provide direction and coaching support to five direct reports, removing obstacles and clarifying roles and responsibilities.
- Manage departmental budget across press, events, artists, and social media.
- 7+ years of communications experience, including leadership/management responsibility
- Experience with music and/or consumer tech a plus.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Expertise in content and social marketing
- A compelling storyteller with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
This position is full-time and located in our Cambridge, MA office. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply: http://izotope.applytojob.com/apply/P1LpeB3fXL/Communications-Director