iZotope is looking for a talented, inspired Sound Designer to help us create innovative and compelling product content that inspires and enables our customers to be creative.
What you will be doing:
- Under the direction of the Manager of Customer Care & Sound Design, you will work closely with the product development, product management, and UX/UI teams to craft the vision and sound design goals for all our products.
- Collaborate closely with other Sound Designers and Product Management to execute and translate existing product visions and sound design goals into product content deliverables
- Work with the Research team to provide necessary qualitative sonic feedback during DSP algorithm development
- Imaginative use of audio production tools and sound design techniques to curate and refine existing libraries and where necessary, create high quality original content as it applies to each product release
- Contribute to our comprehensive and ever-evolving sound testing library of relevant content to use in testing DSP algorithms
- Work with third party artists, contractors, and industry partners to supplement content creation as needed
- Continuously learning of the latest music production and sound design techniques and technologies
Requirements of this role:
- Ability to understand, appreciate and anticipate our customers' needs and wants. Candidates for the Sound Design role at iZotope should already be familiar with the audio content in - or ideally, customers of - products in one or more of our target markets: music production, post production/audio for video, live sound, music performance, and DJ
- Demonstrable skill, in the form of a shareable portfolio, and breadth of experience with music and audio production across a variety of settings and genres
- Familiarity with iZotope's current line of effects and instruments
- A deep understanding of technical concepts behind audio processors and synthesis techniques.
- Current knowledge of the latest music production and sound design techniques and technologies, using both iZotope and competitor products
- Able to solicit and respond to critical feedback while delivering high quality and on-time execution of sound design content
- Ability to manage relationships with content developers, both inside and outside the company
- 5 + years of audio production experience
- Solid understanding of audio production & design techniques and editing is required
- Experience with professional audio editing tools like (but not limited to) ProTools, Logic, Live, Effect and Instrument Plugins, etc
- Prior experience as a professional Sound Designer
- Experience with software development process and agile methodology
- Deep understanding of iZotope's current line of effects and instruments
- Bachelor's Degree in Music or equivalent
- Previous management experience a plus
This position is full-time and located in our Cambridge, MA office. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply: https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/izotopecom/view/P_AAAAAAEAAHbDYEzUKXYA4f