Product Manager - Hardware
iZotope is looking for an enthusiastic and hands-on product manager who can drive the full lifecycle of select Hardware devices. This person will be responsible for defining the product specification of all products within the line, working with engineering to develop the products, working with marketing to bring the products to market successfully, and then lifecycle managing the product line for long term success.
- Manage a hardware device across its lifecycle, starting from concept definition and carrying through end of life. Also manage related accessories as needed
- Perform customer interviews to identify pains and delights, and validate potential solutions
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop business justifications for new products or updates to existing products
- Further develop business justifications into more elaborate and detailed release plans, which include prioritized features, user stories, and other clarifying information
- Work with product development teams to create and execute the development plan. Act as product owner in related agile development efforts
- Collaborate with Product Designers to develop features and workflows from user stories
- Work closely with Marketing to produce product launch deliverables and campaigns
- Working alongside Customer Care, continually track the health of released products to inform future plans and customer development activities
- Role reports directly into Chief Product Officer, with dotted line coaching/oversight by Spire Sr. Product Manager
- Passion for music and sound creation hardware/software, combined with the confidence to drive its realization
- Play a musical instrument at an intermediate or advanced level, with some experience recording and/or performing live
- Ability to lead and inspire product development teams
- Fluid alignment across key stakeholders from every department within the company, and comfort/confidence engaging with executives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong understanding of business fundamentals
- Willingness to travel 10-15% - local, national and international travel to events and customers
Required Education and Experience
- 3+ years of domain expertise in some combination of audio and software
- 2+ years of experience as a Product Manager, or equivalent, with a solid track record of shipping successful products
- 4 year accredited college degree in technical field, preferably in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering or music technology
- Fluent with product management skills including business case development, qualitative and quantitative research, public speaking, product roadmap generation. Strong, win-win negotiator. Can perform in both a strategic and detailed manner as needed.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 5+ years of domain expertise in music production
- 2+ years experience working in an agile development environment
This position is full-time and located in our Cambridge, MA office. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
How to Apply: https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/izotopecom/view/P_AAAAAAEAAADNNodu24kYXN
iZotope makes audio products and technologies that are used around the world. We have a wide range of customers, from the millions of consumers who enjoy our audio enhancement to GRAMMY-winning producers using our pro products to the corporations who license our technology for use in their own products. We are a growing team of highly motivated people who are constantly looking to innovate and improve the way we create and listen to audio.