iZotope is seeking a DevOps Engineer to collaboratively build upon our cutting-edge infrastructure platforms to support the company’s portfolio of internal and customer facing applications and services. This role will have direct input into how we scale, secure, and monitor the systems and services throughout the entire portfolio.
- Assist in performing routine maintenance and troubleshooting of mostly Linux (CentOS and Ubuntu) servers hosted at AWS and on local VMware hosts including security updates, performance monitoring, and capacity planning.
- Leverage extensive scripting/automation experience to develop and automate services and solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to implement Information Security best practices and follow client security policies.
- Troubleshoot network protocol issues and assist with infrastructure design.
- Continuously learn and explore new technologies.
- Comfortable with both a micro-services and server-less architecture and automating toolchains for all architectures.
- Configuring auto-scaling and load balancing in AWS
- Utilize working knowledge of SQL and basic database management for RDBMS databases like PostgreSQL, and MSSQL to support existing infrastructure and deliver services.
- Implement and monitor systems disaster recovery and business continuity planning to ensure resiliency of services and redundancy for underlying infrastructure in a cost-effective manner.
- Knowledge of administration of Google Apps/Gmail, Atlassian products (Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo)
- Perform other required duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in a technical field, with proven quantitative skills or equivalent experience;
- 3+ years of related experience in working in a production environment on cross-functional teams.
- Must have proven experience and skill in interfacing with all facets of the organization.
- Project management experience in working directly with technical staff in designing, building, and implementing creative, results-oriented solutions.
- Deep level of technical knowledge for a variety of engineering concepts, practices, and procedures is required.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must have communication skills and strategic experience of positioning the business for success through the use of technology.
- Prior experience required in vendor analysis and selection when architecting technology solutions.
- Requires the ability to quickly grasp technical and systems/process improvement concepts.
- Strong knowledge of internet fundamentals such as routers, IP addresses, and typical internet-based services desirable.
- Must possess a service oriented, self-directed, can-do attitude. Performs a variety of tasks and demonstrates creativity when solving problems.
- Configuration management and automation tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or Terraform.
- Scripting & automation tools such as in PYTHON, BASH and other shell scripts.
- Configuring monitoring and metrics gathering systems like New Relic, CloudWatch, Nagios, Elastic APM, and others.
- Networking protocols TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, IPSEC, etc.
- Working knowledge of SQL
This opportunity is a full-time position located in our Cambridge, MA office. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply: https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/izotopecom/view/P_AAAAAAEAAHbPVD5DkwGSBL