As Technical Writer, you will be responsible for creating clear and concise product documentation for users of our desktop audio software products. In addition to end-user documentation, you will work to maintain consistent and comprehensive internal documentation for our product development teams.
- Plan, organize, write and edit comprehensive and accurate product help documentation for users of our desktop audio software.
- Work closely with technical and non-technical staff to ensure all features are documented throughout development.
- Complete and integrate high quality product documentation on schedule.
- Work with product design to ensure any relevant and actionable feedback from user research studies are incorporated into product documentation.
- Identify and implement improvements to enhance user documentation.
- Create and maintain comprehensive technical documentation for products and development practices on our internal wiki.
- Manage deliverables for external translators and integrate translated content into product documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Provide samples of technical writing projects of which you were the primary author.
- 2+ years experience in a Technical Writer position.
- Proven experience writing documentation for desktop software applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing and Communications, Education, Engineering, Music Technology or technical communications-related field.
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Strong technical background.
- Ability to manage deliverables for multiple products with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Strong competency with documentation tools (Confluence, MS Office, Google Docs, etc...).
- Experience using Markdown markup language and text editor applications.
- Experience with Git source control systems (or similar).
- Experience with Atlassian development tools (JIRA, BitBucket, Bamboo).
- Background or interest in audio technology and audio software applications.
This position is full-time and located in our Cambridge, MA office. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.