Technical Project Manager
As Technical Project Manager you will be responsible for building project plans for our desktop audio software from inception to release. You will act as a technical mentor for the product development team, working closely throughout the release to ensure business requirements are accurately translated into actionable and implementable technical feature requirements. You will facilitate team meetings and help the team identify and implement meaningful improvements to team process.
- Facilitate team meetings (sprint planning/review/retrospective, brainstorming, bug triage).
- Build product schedules from planning to release and clearly communicate changes to the team and product stakeholders as they arise.
- Refine, document, communicate and champion best practices for product development.
- Ensure sprint iterations are properly scoped and achievable.
- Work closely with product management to ensure product backlogs are tracked, populated, scoped, and refined for multiple products.
- Ensure business requirements are translated into actionable technical requirements throughout product development.
- Assist team in defining and acting on goals for continuous improvement.
- Ensure product quality standards and metrics are met throughout development.
- Develop and maintain relevant metrics to help your team(s) track their progress and communicate status to stakeholders across the organization.
- Proactively anticipate and identify risks and dependencies during development and recommend effective mitigation plans.
- Build and maintain strong relationships beyond the development team with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to contribute to product development in a technical capacity, on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- 2+ years in Project Management role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Proven track record of managing and delivering software projects on schedule.
- Strong competency with issue tracking and documentation tools (JIRA, Confluence or similar).
- Strong technical background with experience in software development or quality assurance.
- Experience with professional software development lifecycle methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc…).
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to build and release products on time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively shift focus between day-to-day details and the longer term schedule.
- Highly organized and flexible communicator.
- Familiarity or experience with BitBucket and Bamboo (or similar).
- Familiarity with software programming languages (C++, Python, etc…).
- Familiarity with Git source control systems (or equivalent).
- Background or interest in audio technology and audio software applications.
This position is full-time and located in our Cambridge, MA office. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply: https://izotope.applytojob.com/apply/hwS2huiP8d/Technical-Project-Manager