Senior Software Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team focused on developing cross-product functionality and framework code for our award-winning audio applications and plugins as well as our backend web infrastructure. No two days are alike at iZotope and we thrive on it we transform our passion for audio into innovations in the way we create and listen to sound.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, prototype, develop and deliver shared frameworks in C/C++ that support iZotope software products on Windows and Mac
- Develop and maintain APIs for internal engineering use and repackage product-specific functionality into reusable sharable code
- Improve, maintain, streamline, refactor and re-architect the application and UI framework, to maintain state-of-the art foundation for our products
- Integrate 3rdparty technologies across our audio product line on Windows and Mac
- Work closely with Product Management, UX and QA to define, understand and realize product requirements
- Develop web-based offerings that integrate with our backend business systems in support of our suite of audio products
- 6 or more years of experience developing efficient, reusable and reliable C/C++ code for production-quality products
- BS Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent. MS degree a plus.
- Exceptional engineering skills, designs for quality, expert problem solver, strong analytical skills
- Solid understanding of design patterns, software frameworks, performance optimization, unit testing approaches and test-driven development
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, able to learn new technologies and work independently
- Experience as a technical leader and/or coach to other software developers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and able to work collaboratively with other developers, QA, Product Managers, UX Designers
- Experience with cross-platform development using Microsoft Visual Studio, Apple Xcode, Git
- Experience with UI Frameworks such as Qt or custom cross-platform UI frameworks
- Skilled with multithreading, concurrency and inter-process communication protocols and techniques
- Experience using and/or developing audio plugin SDKs a plus
- Familiarity with web applications/services deployed in AWS infrastructure
- Familiarity with database design and development
- Experience with authorization tools (e.g., PACE or similar), code signing tools (e.g., OSX codesign, Verisign or equivalent), installers (e.g., BitRock, Inno, PackageMaker, InstallShield)
- Familiarity with continuous integration environment and tools (e.g., Bamboo, Stash, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
This position is located in our corporate headquarters in Cambridge, MA. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
To Apply: https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/izotopecom/view/P_AAAAAAEAAHbGkaFhuo11dh
iZotope makes audio products and technologies that are used around the world. We have a wide range of customers, from the millions of consumers who enjoy our audio enhancement to GRAMMY-winning producers using our pro products to the corporations who license our technology for use in their own products. We are a growing team of highly motivated people who are constantly looking to innovate and improve the way we create and listen to audio.