We are seeking an experienced Hardware Test Engineer to help lead the development of hardware and electronics test fixtures to support efficient mass production. The right candidate has experience developing test systems for electronics sub and final assemblies in a manufacturing environment. This candidate would also need to be adept at developing an overall product test strategy and realizing that strategy through coordination with hardware, firmware, and mechanical design engineers
- Drive the creation and management of the product manufacturing test plan.
- Leverage critical thinking to identify feature/product manufacturing vulnerabilities
- Drive for consistent thorough documentation of test needs and test process
- Direct interface with contract manufacturer to deploy and manage test systems.
- Communicate insights about design improvements to optimize mass production testing.
- Work closely with Software, Firmware, and Hardware development to ensure test needs are well represented early in the product design process.
- Manage the creation of fixtures and purchasing of equipment needed for effective product validation at the factory.
- Design bedofnails fixtures to test PCB designs
- Design system test enclosures for end-to-end product testing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing test fixtures and test systems, preferably in the consumer electronics industry
- Familiarity with at least one schematic capture tool (Altium preferred)
- Familiarity with at least one PCB layout tool or viewer (Altium preferred)
- Experience coordinating the design and deployment of complex software driven test systems in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with critiquing requirements and writing test plans and test cases against them
- Experience shepherding products through manufacturing start up
- Ability to collaborate with software and hardware engineers/teams to improve quality engineering practices
- Comfortable with guiding overall product test strategy
- Ability to balance multiple high priority projects with attention to detail
- Team player comfortable working in small/medium sized teams in a highly visible role
- Ability to articulate test engineering needs to the hardware development team
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Solid knowledge of labview
- Solid knowledge of a scripting language (Python preferred)
- Experience with Linux
- Familiarity with Git or other version control utilities
- Familiarity with TDD/BDD methodologies and writing clean and well documented code
- Familiarity with audio/DSP systems a plus
- Understanding of noise and noise mitigation techniques in manufacturing test equipment.
- Familiarity with AP or dScope test systems and scripting a plus
This fulltime position is located in our Cambridge, MA office. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
To Apply: https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/izotopecom/view/P_AAAAAAEAAHbCuFzb7y3XIu
iZotope makes audio products and technologies that are used around the world. We have a wide range of customers, from the millions of consumers who enjoy our audio enhancement to GRAMMY-winning producers using our pro products to the corporations who license our technology for use in their own products. We are a growing team of highly motivated people who are constantly looking to innovate and improve the way we create and listen to audio.