Software Engineer in Test
iZotope is seeking a Software Engineer in Test for a position on our Spire product development team. Bring your passion for audio and your drive to innovate as you help us continuously evolve the Spire platform. Working with a highly collaborative cross functional software and hardware team, your contributions will be key in helping us re imagine the future of recording and audio production. This role is focused on developing automated quality solutions that support the development of both software systems and hardware devices on the Spire platform.
The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative, customer focused, independent, driven, inspired by problems, focused on achieving results, passionate about automated test systems, and well versed in modern test methodology. As a team, we are motivated and empowered to solve real customer problems on our way to re imagining the audio production experience.
- Develop and maintain automated testing solutions across mobile devices, web applications, and hardware devices for the Spire platform
- Work closely with Developers and Product Management to understand product testing requirements for new feature development
- Leverage technical expertise to design effective automated tests to increase test coverage and shorten release cycles.
- Create, execute, and maintain automated functional, integration and regression test suites
- Foster a continuous improvement and process culture with focus on both internal and external customer needs
- Lead the team in identifying feature/product vulnerabilities and uncovering edge cases
- Build upon our current QA process and practice to enhance our test infrastructure and coverage
- Work closely with software engineers, hardware engineers and managers to bring our development and quality engineering methodology into alignment with industry best practices
- Oversee staff tasked with development of automated test systems intended for IoT devices
- Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in test automation
- Solid knowledge of a scripting language (Python preferred)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Tools (Bamboo, Jenkins, etc.)
- Familiarity with Git or other version control utilities
- Experience with manual and automated testing of web, mobile, or embedded applications
- Experience collaborating with developers to develop acceptance criteria as well as experience writing test plans and test cases against that criteria
Candidates will ideally possess:
- Experience architecting automated test solutions in a complex technical system
- Experience and/or interest in music and the music industry
- Experience with Embedded Linux
- Familiarity with Eggplant Functional testing suite
- Familiarity with object oriented programming
- Familiarity with TDD/BDD methodologies and writing clean, well documented code
This position is located in our corporate headquarters in Cambridge, MA. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply: https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/izotopecom/view/P_AAAAAAEAAHbGzIu7izHANd