Ozone 5 Advanced takes metering to a new level, offering two convenient options for visualizing your mix. First there's Insight, iZotope's essential metering suite, included as a separate component plug-in fully dedicated to metering. Secondly, there's the Meter Bridge, available as a powerful metering view to reference whenever you're working within Ozone 5 Advanced.
As a dedicated metering plug-in, Insight provides a full suite of audio analysis and metering tools. Ideal for post production and broadcast applications, Insight is perfect for visualizing changes made during mixing and mastering, troubleshooting problematic mixes, and ensuring compliance with broadcast loudness standards. Fully customizable and scalable, Insight allows you to visually monitor all relevant information from your stereo or surround mix in a convenient floating window.
- Immediately detect potential mix problems through real-time visual monitoring and color-coded alerts.
- Ensure your audio is fully compliant with current loudness standards with forward-thinking tools that adhere to standards like BS.1770-1/2/3.
- Perform deep and flexible analysis with zoomable meters and the ability to route audio from any tracks or buses to Insight.
- Design your ideal metering plug-in by choosing the meters you want to view, customizing them, and resizing the Insight window to fit your current workflow.
- Get an extensive suite of metering tools in a single plug-in, including True Peak Meters, Loudness Meters, Loudness History Graph, Stereo Vectorscope, Surround Scope, 2D/3D Spectrogram, and Spectrum Analyzer.
- Learn more about Insight
Located directly within the Ozone 5 Advanced plug-in, the Meter Bridge view provides a wide array of customizable audio analysis tools. Visually monitor your mix throughout the entire mastering process, whether you're making adjustments, troubleshooting problematic mixes, or comparing your mixes to reference tracks. As a bonus, the Meter Bridge serves as an enlightening educational device for anyone hoping to learn more about the art of mastering.
Building on essential visualizations from Ozone's individual modules, the Meter Bridge includes an exciting array of new metering tools in a convenient, resizable, and configurable window.
Unlike typical "waterfall" plots, Ozone's unique real-time 3D spectrogram creates a detailed topographical map of audio using iZotope's high-resolution spectrogram capabilities. Unfamiliar with a spectrogram? Watch our video to learn more.
- Choose between high-resolution and real-time 2D or 3D scrolling spectrogram plots.
- Perform detailed inspections with Freeze and Zoom modes.
- Easily examine Gain values by frequency with a convenient mouse pointer readout.
- Rest easy: Ozone 5 Advanced takes advantage of video card graphics processing for full-screen 3-dimensional metering, leaving more processing power for your audio.
For eye-popping visual insight, feed information on multiple audio streams to the Spectrogram via Ozone Advanced's special Meter Tap plug-ins. With Ozone on your master bus, add Meter Tap plug-ins to individual tracks or buses, then open the Meter Bridge to see how mix elements combine in rich Spectrogram detail...all in real-time!
- Use overlay, tile, or stack views to compare different Meter Tap streams and see their relationships, then bring different audio streams into focus to see how each fits in the mix.
- Tailor the display to your preferences with customizable colors.
The Meter Bridge's resizable and undocked Vectorscope provides useful display options for examining the stereo image of your mix.
- Lissajous and Polar modes provide multiple visualizations of stereo field activity and activity history.
- Stereo Balance meters illustrate the balance between Left and Right channels.
- Correlation meters indicate the degree of similarity between Left and Right channels.
- Quickly diagnose mono and/or phase compatibility issues.
The Meter Bridge also includes a completely resizable (including full-screen) real-time spectrum analyzer.
- Variable zoom by both time and frequency.
- Mid/Side, Left/Right, Linear, octave band options and more.
- Completely independent settings from Ozone's EQ spectrum display.
- Spectrum True Fill shows an accurate overview of high frequency information.
Loudness and Stereo Meters
Ozone 5 Advanced continues to extend Ozone's high-resolution stereo loudness metering.
- Options include K-System, BS.1770-2, True Peak, and RMS.
- BS.1770-2 metering is compliant with recommendations by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-R BS.1770-2) and the European Broadcasting Union (EBU R128) for determining subjective program loudness and true-peak signal level.