Version 1.03b released December 12, 2013
Fixes & enhancements:
- Fixed intermittent crash in Pro Tools 11 on Windows 64-bit systems.
- Fixed crash on Windows related to Fonts.
- Fixed unresponsive Authorization Wizard when opening Pro Tools 11 sessions that include a demo of Ozone or Insight.
- Fixed a 64 bit AAX bug where some list items wouldn't stay selected. For example, if trying to select IRC II in the Maximizer, the selection would skip back to IRC I.
Previous updates | viewhide
Version 1.02 released July 1, 2013
- Plug-in formats: Added support for 64-bit AAX for Pro Tools 11
- Please note: This update no longer supports 32-bit AAX. Customers accustomed to using 32-bit AAX in Pro Tools 10 can instead use the RTAS plug-in format without any degradation in audio quality. For your convenience, any session saved with the 32-bit AAX version of Insight will automatically open with RTAS.
- Presets: Updated presets to reflect latest BS.1770-3 loudness standards
Other changes and fixes
- Fix: Addressed an issue with intermittent hangs in Digital Performer 8.01
Version 1.01 released December 6, 2012
- Added Buffer Size selection to the General Options tab to help users optimize performance.
- Added option to enable and disable the sending of Loudness Automation data to your DAW.
Please note: This feature is now disabled by default to prevent unnecessary entries in a DAW's Undo history. However, users can easily enable the feature anytime they wish from the Levels tab in the Options menu.
Other changes and fixes
- Various stability improvements
Version 1.00 released November 13, 2012
Insight Help Guide
Download PDF (958 KB)
To save the PDF guide to disk, right-click on the link above and choose "Save As."
Supported operating systems:
Windows: XP (32-bit), Vista (64-bit), 7 (32- & 64-bit), Windows 8 (32- & 64-bit)
Mac: OS X 10.6 or later (Intel-based Macs only)
Pro Tools 7.4–11 (RTAS, AudioSuite, 64-bit AAX), VST, VST3, Audio Unit, DirectX
Plug-in host compatibility:
Compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts, like Pro Tools 7.4+, Avid Media Composer, Nuendo, Cubase, WaveLab, Logic, EDIUS Pro 6.5, Final Cut Pro X, Audition, Premiere Pro (Surround only), SONAR, REAPER, Digital Performer, Sound Forge Pro, Vegas Pro, and many more.
Graphics card requirements:
For use of the scrolling 3D Spectrogram, Insight requires a graphics card that supports Open GL 2.0
Additional Support Notes
Support for Surround Sound:
5.0 and 5.1 channel configurations are not supported in the DirectX version of Insight. Additionally, some hosts may not support plug-ins in all available channel configurations. Download the demo and try it in your favorite host.
Host Support for Continuous Calculation:
Continuous Calculation allows Loudness Calculation to start and stop seamlessly with the playback in your DAW. This requires the host application to provide robust support for reporting transport location to plug-ins but not all hosts provide this information. Download the demo and try it in your favorite host. Please note: Hosts that do not support Continuous Calculation may still manually start, pause, and reset loudness calculation and all of the other features of Insight.
Support for Plug-in Resizing:
Resizing the plug-in window is not supported in the DirectX version of Insight. Additionally, some hosts may not support resizable plug-ins. Download the demo and try it in your favorite host.
How to Buy
Inspect, understand, and react with Insight, iZotope's essential metering suite.